Monday, September 14, 2009

Bonus Blog - Rita the Destroyer!


Did I mention the television in Xi’an? It sits in the bedroom on the dresser on top of a “lazy susan” type stand. At about 5:00 in the morning I hear a huge crash. I walk into the bedroom to find the television face down on the floor and my toddler standing in her crib with a smile on her face. Yep – Rita rocketed that tv right onto the floor. Fortunately the glass was not cracked, but the frame sure was. Chris had to finagle the frame back into place, but there was nothing we could do about the crack. The television still works so we are hopeful not to receive yet another unexpected bill.
Yesterday she broke the porcelain spoon at the restaurant.
This morning she broke her cereal bowl. Then she peed all over our white down comforter (I’m blaming Chris for that one!)
This afternoon she colored one of the white comforters and several areas of crisp white sheet with blue magic marker. Turns out that whitening toothpaste is your best defense against magic marker. We figured that out after much trial and error.
So… we’re down one tv, one spoon, one bowl and one nice set of linens. Good thing she’s very cute!

3 comments:

  1. There will be no shortage of funny anectodes about your first week together to tell Rita about when she's older. She will absolutely be thrilled to hear about her misadventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto Heather's comment. Boy we can't wait to see you and your new family!!!!!! Much love and kisses (headbutted kisses), the Ellig Family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you headbutt me when I get home I might have to seriously reconsider our friendship!

    ReplyDelete