Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Another thought

If you read my post on fundraising and thought "why should I help this chick build her family? She didn't help me pay my hospital bill when I had my kids," I completely understand!! It does feel a little ackward to ask for help with this. All I can say is:
  • We are trying hard not to ask for money, but rather offer something of value to those who participate.
  • I am justifying it because a) we don't have much choice and b) during times in my life that I have had money I have always been active in giving to charities, volunteering at church, mentoring children and generally trying to "give back" when I can.
  • I am learning that a little humility, along with the realization that I cannot do everything myself is probably part of my spiritual growth.
  • And finally, if it makes you feel uncomfortalbe, please opt out! Its okay! My feelings will not be hurt.

There. I feel better having said all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment