Friday, July 10, 2009

I have the BEST FRIEND'S ever!!

Every time I turn around, some other wonderful friend is blessing me with an item donation, an offer to tell other people about us and occassionally a check that they won't let me refuse. Even better, people are being very encouraging and telling me what things they want to bid on. It has been an amazing week!
I have to share about a friend of mine who has gone above and beyond. He wrote a small article about us on his on-line magazine, AND he hooked me up with a woman who writes for http://www.examiner.com/. She interviewed me on Thursday and is going to post an article next week. Hopefully all of this unexpected publicity will help us with our auction, and continue to educate people about the joys of adoption.
Please take a moment to check out the article on my friend Sunil's site http://egruve.com/2009/07/fundraising-ideas/ You can also click on the eGruve link up to go straight to our article. He even posted a "donate now" link. I don't really expect miscellaneous strangers to donate, but you never know. Either way, it was a very generous thing for him to do. Thanks Sunil!

and speaking of amazing friends.... I have had a handful of people ask about making a donation. My intention has never been to ask for money - that is why we created the auction. However, one particular friend was gracious in explaining that it is a blessing to give, and that she really wanted to give. We have set up a "chip in " gadget to the right to make it easy for people. It goes through Paypal so it is secure, but you will need to set up a Paypal account. (the link will walk you though. It is pretty easy.)
But again, I would rather that you bid on something so you can get a great prize. If you don't want any of the tickets or dinners, bid on my amazing Chocolate Chunk Cookies!! I am making a bunch of them so there will be lots available on the auction.
4 more days until the auction starts. I am getting very excited!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you for being such an amazing mommy :) Counting down the days 'til the auction starts--and 'til Rita comes home!

    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete