Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bake Sales are NOT for Whimps!


What did I do Saturday? Thanks for asking! I baked:

9 mini quick breads
2 dozen double chocolate muffins
2 dozen blueberry muffins
1 dozen lemon poppyseed muffins
2 dozen chocolate chip cookies
2 dozen rice crispy treats
2 dozen oatmeal cookies

My fabulous friend Shannan also spent a good portion of her day baking. Thank you Shannon! She makes the most delicious carrot cake! AND she spent a good portion of her day in the hot sun helping us sell baked goods.

On Sunday we schelped all of it to church, with the help of my handsome husband, and set out to make some $$ for the Rita fund. We also had great help from Jade, the 18 year old daughter of my friend Ana, and "best friend" of Lucy! She did such a good job!

3 services and many wonderful people later we managed to make a profit for the Rita fund of $400. Thank you Family Christian Center! It was really wonderful to meet new people and experinece their generousity. What I loved most, as with last week, were the number of people who shared their adoption stories or their desire to adopt as well. I hope that we can inspire some other couple to follow their dreams of adoption.

I am glad that we did it, but I am glad that it is over. Definitely not for whimps! It has been a long and busy weekend. And, while Lucy has been a great trouper, I think she needs a little more quality time with Mom and Dad. We'll plan some good family time for next Saturday.

Thanks to everyone who has looked at our auction! I am so excited to see how it goes the next couple of days. I am hopeful that the bidding will pick up in the final 24 hours. We still have a number of really cool prizes (aqua foot detox, hydration station, baskets from Woodhouse Day Spa) that don't have bids on them yet. I am REALLY excited that some people have purchased my cookies. Okay, mostly my family, but still, I'm exicted that my cookies can help bring Rita home.

We are adding 4 items to the auction tonight. A $40 Darden certificate, dinner for 2 at Cracker Barrel, $30 Cantina Laredo Certificate and 4 Pirates Dinner Show tickets. Also adding a $35 gift card to Prime Outlets!
CHRIS IS POSTING THEM SO THEY GO ON SALE AT 7PM MONDAY NIGHT. THEY WILL END WITH EVERYTHING ELSE AT 7PM TUESDAY NIGHT. Get 'em while they're hot.!
I'm going to post some photos, then I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment