Tuesday, August 25, 2009

We have Travel Approval!!

Wow! We received our Travel Approval today. I was just starting to get antsy and a teensy bit worried, which I know I should not do because His timing is perfect, but I was really feeling it this morning. I had just bothered my agency with an "are we there yet" type email when they emailed me back with Travel Approval.

They gave me two options. Hurry up and travel with the September 3 group, or take our time and travel on September 17. Which do you think we chose? Yep, we leave in 9 days. NINE DAYS! We are so excited. The next nine days are going to be crazy! We still have to wait for our consulate appointment to get approved, but it usually isn't a problem.

I have laundry to do, shopping to finish, lists to make, oh my! I'm so excited. We will meet our little Rita in less than 2 weeks.

I want to say "thank you" to everyone who came to our wine-tasting-baby-shower on Saturday. I had a great time. Tim's Wine Market was an incredible host. I think everyone really enjoyed the wine selections. I have a few photos to post, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I have laundry to finish and packing to do!!

NINE DAYS!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! We are so happy for you. We can not wait to see Rita in your arms. Love & Hugs! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO exciting! I can't think of a better whirlwind to be in! Can't wait to follow your trip-- it will bring back memories of watching your trip to Lucy way back when we were still paperchasing!

    Congrats again! Now get off the computer and GO PACK!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Packing for China with 8 days to go! Last time I think I started packing 8 weeks in advance. It's not a matter of IF I forget things, it more a matter of how many things I forget.
    Hey Elissa - isn't this deja vu? My blogging from China while you're paperchasing? Good times ahead for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting your little girl!! I have been following your blog off/on for a couple of months. I know you will be up to you ears when you return, but I would like to ask you a question if you get a chance regarding some of the things you did to prepare.
    You can pm me at: jlr1964@yahoo.com

    Thanks so much
    Joanne WeRChinaBound.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete