Friday, August 14, 2009

Making Room for Rita!


Well, actually, we are making a room for Lucy, but that is because Rita is inheriting the "nursery." When we started this journey we thought we were bringing home a baby. The plan was to put "the baby" in the nursery we did for Lucy, then move Lucy to her big girl room. Well, we stuck with the plan - mostly. We've moved Lucy to her big girl room (which she loves. and I may love even more. I'm thinking about moving into it) and we are getting her old room ready for Rita. Here are some pix of Lucy's new room.

Also, I have to brag. I've done this all on the mega-cheap and I am so proud! I found the trundle bed on Craig's List. I found the dresser on super clearance at a furniture store that is going out of business. Lucy and I are painting the ugly knobs. I think we are making them uglier, but that's okay because it has been a fun project for us. Oh, and I found the comforter at Homegoods, the storage at IKEA (which rocks!) the rocking chair, which we are going to paint, came from Chris's mom, and the gigham curtains andcanopy thingy came from Lowes on clearance. And, I am really excited to reframe and hang a panting I bought about 20 years ago that's been hanging around in storage. It lookes awesome! (Maybe only to me, but I don't care. I like it.)




I am working to get Rita's room ready as well. We are not putting up the crib because we figured she would be ready for a toddler bed. Turns out, she is currently sleeping in a crib. How do I know that, you ask? Well, it is because amazing Amanda sent MORE pics today! She took photos of our beautiful Rita with the blanket and puppy that we mailed to her. Look how cute!
We've been corresponding with Amanda and learning a lot about our girl. We are also learning a lot about how we might be able to make the transition easier for her. More on that later.
If you have a minute, check this out. www.chinesestarfish.blogspot.com










2 comments:

  1. Hi Guys,

    I'm totally a procrastinator (aka busy Mommy of 3 kiddos all within 5 years). I totally wanted to contribute to your fundraiser but didn't get it done in time not thinking that the Blog Chipin link would also expire. Is there any way to still contribute?

    I'm a friend of Ana's. Our final little one is adopted and with the same agency. I know how hard it is to raise the funds.

    Blessings,
    Shae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shae - I checked out your blog. Your family is beautiful! I think all families should have a dark-haired little girl! Haven is absolutely precious! I was amazed to see how young she was when you brought her home. What a gift!
    Thank you so much for wanting to contribute. It takes a special person to reach out to a family you've never met! My husband just updated the "chip in." I didn't realize it had expired! I am curious where you are in Nebraska. I have lots of family in Omaha.

    ReplyDelete